For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), the data controller is the City and Guilds of London Institute (City & Guilds). City & Guilds is a body incorporated by Royal Charter and registered as a charity in England and Wales (Reg. No. 312832) and in Scotland (Reg. No. SC039576). Our registered office is at 1 Giltspur Street, London EC1A 9DD.
This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data that we collect from you via the site www.cityandguildsbookshop.com (Bookshop).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide to us via the Bookshop. For example, the information you provide if you subscribe to our newsletter, enter a promotion, request information, complete a survey, or order an item;
- if you contact us via the Bookshop, we may keep a record of that correspondence; and
- information necessary for us to fulfil orders you place via the Bookshop.
- We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type, for system administration and management purposes. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Storage of your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our servers in the United Kingdom. We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. However, please note that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
We may restrict access to some parts of the Bookshop, to users who have registered with us. Where we have given you, or where you have chosen, a password which enables you to access restricted parts of the Bookshop, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Use of your personal data
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to process, fulfil, and record orders for items available via the Bookshop;
- to provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (such as marketing and promotional offers), where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- to notify you about any important changes to the Bookshop.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information:
to any member of our group to enable us to process personal information in an efficient manner;
to third party service providers contracted to us to provide services in connection with the Bookshop on our behalf, including Amazon;
if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms;
in the event that our business (or control of our business) is sold to a third party, in which case personal data may be transferred to that third party purchaser.
You have the right to ask us not to send you electronic marketing. You may exercise this right by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You will also be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from our mailing list by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of any marketing email we may send you, or by contacting us directly at anytime (our contact details are below).
You have the right to access which we hold about you by contacting us at the address below. We will then send you an access request to fill and return to us. We may charge a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
About the cookies we use, why we use them, and their impact upon you. If you would like more information on cookies, we recommend the Direct.gov.uk Internet browser cookies page.
Cookies we use:
Shopping Basket Session Cookies
Use: to ensure that our site remembers what items you have placed in your online shopping basket so that you may purpose the selected items.
Type: First party session cookies.
Expires: The cookie lasts for the duration of your online shopping transaction.
Use: to record basic computer info such as: repeat visits; page usage; country of origin.
Type: Third party session and persistent cookies.
Expires: The cookie lasts 6 months.
Further information: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/terms/
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post: City & Guilds
1 Giltspur St